Metomet 50 consists of a composition of Metoprolol Succinate eq. to Metoprolol Tartrate. Metoprolol is a beta-blocker that affects the heart and circulation. Metoprolol Succinate and Metoprolol Tartrateare both used for lowering blood pressure and chest pain. However, it also prevents heart attack situations. Because beta-blockers work by preventing norepinephrine from acting on beta receptors in blood vessels and in the heart. This causes blood vessels to relax. By relaxing the blood vessels, beta-blockers help to lower the heart rate and decrease the heart’s demand for oxygen.
The dosage of Metoprolol Succinate & Metoprolol Tartrate (ER) Capsules is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding then it is better to consult the doctor first. These capsules will not cause any serious side effects if taken with carefulness.
Uses of Metoprolol Succinate & Metoprolol Tartrate (ER) Capsules
This medication can help in relieving symptoms of migraine-related headaches. It is used in the treatment of the following conditions-
- Treating high blood pressure, alone or with other medicines.
- Long-term treatment of chest pain.
- Treating certain types of heart failure.
Possible Side Effects
The side effects are common and do not require much attention. But if the side effects are persistent, reach out to your doctor.
- Breathing problems
Directions For Use
- It should be taken with a meal or just after a meal.
- Swallow the capsules whole and do not crush, chew, break, or open them.
- Keep regular track of this medicine and take it at the same time each day.
Safety Precautions for Metoprolol Succinate & Metoprolol Tartrate (ER) Capsules
- Stopping this medication abruptly may cause changes in your heart rhythm and blood pressure, and cause chest pain, or a heart attack.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages as they can interact with the intercourse of this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to its ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can we consider this medicine a high-risk medication?
These capsules can be used either as short-term drugs or long-term drugs. It is generally considered safe, however, comes with serious risks if you don't take it as prescribed.
Do metoprolol succinate & metoprolol tartrate (ER) capsules affect sleep?
Yes, it can affect the sleep quality of the person and varies accordingly.
Can the use of these tablets cause weight gain?
Yes, it can cause weight gain as a side effect of some beta blockers.