Teneligliptin Tablets - Levlose 20 Tablet is a diabetes medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. It is used to manage blood sugar levels along with a healthy diet and frequent exercise. It acts by inhibiting DPP-4 (an enzyme that degrades the hormone 'Incretin'). The enzyme 'Incretins' aids in the production of more insulin just when it is required and lowers the blood sugar level of the liver when it is not required. This assists in the prevention of significant diabetes concerns such as kidney damage and blindness.
Indication and Usage of Teneligliptin Tablets
Teneligliptin Tablets belong to the class of medications known as "anti-diabetic," which are generally used to treat type 2 diabetes, particularly in those whose blood sugar levels are too high to control with diet and exercise. It is used to reduce blood sugar levels alone or in combination with other medications. People with type 2 diabetes either don't create enough insulin or the insulin they do make is ineffective (insulin resistance). Type 2 diabetes, commonly known as adult-onset diabetes, is most common in people in their forties and fifties.
- Increases insulin release from the pancreas
- Reduces the hormones that cause blood sugar to rise
- Prevents major diabetes consequences such as vision loss (retinopathy), kidney damage (nephropathy), nerve damage (neuropathy), diabetic foot ulcer, and delayed wound healing
Teneligliptin: Teneligliptin is used as a monotherapy to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in individuals who have high blood sugar levels. It is used in adults with type 2 diabetes, coupled with diet and exercise, to improve blood sugar management.
- You should avoid the usage of Teneligliptin Tablets if you are allergic to Teneligliptin or any similar medicines. Talk to your doctor about the effects or side effects you’ve seen after the usage.
- Teneligliptin Tablet should not be taken if you are about to have surgery or if you have a significant bodily injury and insulin injections are being used to regulate your blood sugar.
- Do not take Teneligliptin Tablets if your blood sugar levels are uncontrolled and consequences such as ketosis (a dangerous metabolic condition), diabetic coma or pre-coma have developed.
- Prolonged use of Teneligliptin may result in acute pancreatitis (swollen pancreas).
Teneligliptin Tablets Side Effects
When used under the right precautions and safety measures, Teneligliptin Tablets are highly safe for patients. In the rare case of any side effect arising and prolonging for long, get in touch with your doctor. Some common side effects of Teneligliptin Tablets are:
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood glucose level)
The tablets must be kept in a cool and dry atmosphere, away from direct contact with sunlight.
Make sure to keep them away from the reach of children. Accidental consumption of the tablet may harm them.
Teneligliptin Tablet is the best medication used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. The condition is quite common in people above the age of forty. When taken with a proper and healthy diet and regular exercise, it can provide the best results in less time. Make sure to take the tablet at the same time each day.